Plus size girls rejoice! Finally, a Plus Size Beauty And Fashion Blog for sizes 20 and up called Sorta Chic is here. Whether you need to find a super cute outfit, or you want to find out a technique for a makeup style, you’ve come to the right place. Since you’ve stopped by, I suspect you are a beautiful, gorgeous plus size beauty fashionista who celebrates her individuality and loves life.
But.. maybe you…
- Are struggling to find a plus size blogger to relate to.
- Tired of both media and social media that seem to blatantly ignore your beautiful curvy body, your style and your size.
- Feel isolated. You wish more people could relate to you and the questions you have as a plus size woman.
- Are over the media’s constant bombardment and dictation of what you “should” look like in order to be pretty?
Yeah, so am I!
All you want is to find a plus size blogger who GETS you!
You want to show the world how beautiful you are, and let your confidence burst out.
The need to commit the unforgivable sin to our society is crawling all over you. You are ready to be different, and celebrate how wonderful and beautiful you are! It’s time to celebrate your individuality!
Brave words? Totally.
But, you don’t really know where to go. Because you’ve checked Allure, Glamour, and Cosmo… and yeah…
Girl, I’m a size 28-32 plus size fashion and makeup lover and I’m STILL there. That’s why this is called Sorta Chic.
Now, let me tell you about some of my core beliefs on beauty and fashion:
- We, as plus size women, are different. Therefore, we are committing the unforgivable sin in our society. We do not fit societies standards. That is AWESOME. It means we are trailblazers! I’m here to help you embrace this.
- You are beautiful, no matter what your family, your friends, your significant other or your coworkers tell you. I’m here to help you bring out that confidence.
- I believe we deserve to be treated equally in the fashion world, the work world, the makeup world and everywhere. I’m determined to do everything I can to show you how to set boundaries, raise expectations and unapologetically assert yourself.
- You deserve happiness, respect, and love. You are so much more than a number on a scale or a number on your dress size.
- One more little thing: I believe a marathon of Jack Benny, a glass of sweet tea, kitten purrs and glitter eyeshadow can cure any of the blues. #ItsMyQuirkyThing
All of this to say: I think you’re beautiful…and I want to help you tell the world you are Fantastic, Amazing and Tenacious!
Howdy, howdy! My name is Amie, and I am a makeup and fashion-aholic. I’m not perfect, and I’m OK with that. I love my imperfections! Considering I’m not perfect, I guess that makes me “sorta chic” right?
How did this Sorta Chic Thing Become a Thing?
It’s always been a part of me. I’m 34 years old, and for 20 years of this time, I have been obsessed with makeup. I know the brands and the quality. I’m still kicking myself for not becoming a makeup artist. But, I digress. It’s just something I’ve always enjoyed. Let me be clear: I am not a certified makeup expert, hair person, skin person or even fashion person. I just enjoy it. I’m an enthusiast.
Also, I love art so… why not?
For a few years, I had toyed around with the idea of starting a beauty blog for plus sized women. I kept putting it off and putting it off. The reason?
I didn’t want to show the world my fat ass. Nope. But, a trip to Paris changed that for me. It turned me from not chic to Sorta Chic.
Prior to the trip, I began learning about Paris through a few books by Jamie Cat Callan. Slowly, I began to realize that I was not alone in my discomfort with my own body. I was actually kinda Sorta Chic.
Then, when we actually went to Paris, something liberating happened. Embarrassing, but liberating. I went to Paris, wearing a cute dress, visiting the Eiffel Tower and a burst of wind came up. Everybody and their brother got to see my bright pink panties.
Of course, I was totally mortified, but it became a turning point in my life. People laughed, but I didn’t die. In fact, at one point, I sorta felt like Marilyn Monroe trying to keep her skirt down in Some Like It Hot. And, if the truth is told, nothing makes you feel hotter than when a French man checks out your legs. Just saying.
Hot French Guy: You will never know who you are, but thank you.
Sorta Chic is a lifestyle blog for plus sized women over to encourage and inspire them through tutorials, reviews, useful information, and resources.
Finally, before I sign off, I want to warn you – I’m snarky, geeky and rather blunt. Just being upfront with you. I do have a warped sense of humor – and that’s OK! That’s what being an individual is all about!
I’d like to invite you to join my e-mail list. It’s fun, you can see all sorts of stuff on there.